Meetings with the Mombasa County Department of Education were held to discuss the project. They approved the implementation of the project in high schools in Mombasa and provided a letter of introduction to the proposed participating schools. 5 Lead Trainers, 8 Trainer of Trainers and 8 volunteers were trained in
○ Human Centred Design/Design Thinking
○ Science, Geospatial data and the Sustainable Development Goals
○ Robotics and Engineering
○ Mobile App Development
- Human Centered Design and Design Thinking including sessions around social enterprise awareness by inspiration, ideation and implementation, this was led by Michael Tanui from DOT Kenya
- Joash Amemba from Open Build led robotics and engineering workshops with an emphasis on programming and hardware interaction with the Arduino programming language and Spark fun kits.
- Maths workshops were led by African Maths Initiative. The workshops aimed to inspire ToTs to develop their passion for Math and change perceptions about mathematics through a series of engaging activities beyond the school curriculum.
- The Science training was led by TechWomen Kenya alum, Umikaltuma Ibrahim and Serah Kahiu with sessions on the scientific method, climate change, pollution and geospatial data.
- Software app development training was led by TechWomen Kenya and Pwani Teknowgalz project co-ordinators